Re: Application to join team

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:50:20 -0400
Bryan Quigley <bryan.quigley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Bug Control,
>
> I've been an Ubuntu member since 2006 and have been triaging bugs for
> a lot of that time.  I now work for Canonical in Support and we just
> got Bug Control access (thanks!) but I wanted to get approved
> personally too.

Great!

> 1.Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu?
> Yes.
> Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
> Yup. https://launchpad.net/~bryanquigley/+codesofconduct
>
> 2. Have you read Bugs/Triage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
> Yes.  Now that with brainstorm gone what's the best way to suggest a
> feature?  Just propose a UDS session? (that's generally what I've
> done)
>
> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/Triage for more
> information.
> Coredump file and possible data leaking in functions in the
> stacktrace. How thorough is a judgement call given how sensitive the
> crashing application is.

Absolutely correct; for a while I was working on a stacktrace
sanitiser, but never completed it...

> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
> LibreOffice has mostly been my triage focus so far, but I do a much
> bigger range for work.  I also maintain gnome-nibbles upstream.  I'd
> also like to help triage top crashers from errors.ubuntu.com so that
> they don't stay private for long.
>
> 5. Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and
> include an explanation of your decisions.
>
> Forwarded upstream because it had enough to be worked on. Medium seems
> fine as it shouldn't impact the average sudoku player.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-sudoku/+bug/1272716

OK.

> Medium is fine for this bug as well, balancing that it is a hard crash
> but difficult to reproduce.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/df-libreoffice/+bug/1350369

Given it has been confirmed upstream, we should make the Ubuntu task
triaged. Otherwise (even being your own bug), good work. (I did make it
triaged).

> Low would be good for this bug because it's only if you manually
> remove part of libreoffice.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1359304

So, what will happen now here? You have confirmed the bug on Trusty,
but did not keep on with it. Otherwise good.

> I would have marked this as High as it could cause a machine to lose
> the network interface user expects to be able to reach it on.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/saucy/+source/ifupdown/+bug/1160490

Good work. This bug also happens to be a good example of a fix
introducing a regression.

> This can stay at low only because it has an easy workaround.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/dbus/+bug/592434

All in all: +1.

Cheers,

..C..