Application to join team

Hello Bug Control,

I've been an Ubuntu member since 2006 and have been triaging bugs for
a lot of that time.  I now work for Canonical in Support and we just
got Bug Control access (thanks!) but I wanted to get approved
personally too.

1.Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
to you or Ubuntu?
Yes.
Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
Yup. https://launchpad.net/~bryanquigley/+codesofconduct

2. Have you read Bugs/Triage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
Yes.  Now that with brainstorm gone what's the best way to suggest a
feature?  Just propose a UDS session? (that's generally what I've
done)

3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
report bug before making it public? See Bugs/Triage for more
information.
Coredump file and possible data leaking in functions in the
stacktrace. How thorough is a judgement call given how sensitive the
crashing application is.

4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with?
LibreOffice has mostly been my triage focus so far, but I do a much
bigger range for work.  I also maintain gnome-nibbles upstream.  I'd
also like to help triage top crashers from errors.ubuntu.com so that
they don't stay private for long.

5. Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and
include an explanation of your decisions.

Forwarded upstream because it had enough to be worked on. Medium seems
fine as it shouldn't impact the average sudoku player.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-sudoku/+bug/1272716

Medium is fine for this bug as well, balancing that it is a hard crash
but difficult to reproduce.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/df-libreoffice/+bug/1350369

Low would be good for this bug because it's only if you manually
remove part of libreoffice.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1359304

I would have marked this as High as it could cause a machine to lose
the network interface user expects to be able to reach it on.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/saucy/+source/ifupdown/+bug/1160490

This can stay at low only because it has an easy workaround.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dbus/+bug/592434

Kind regards,
Bryan

Follow ups