Re: Application to join team

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 09:50:20AM -0400, Bryan Quigley wrote:
> Hello Bug Control,
>
> I've been an Ubuntu member since 2006 and have been triaging bugs for
> a lot of that time.  I now work for Canonical in Support and we just
> got Bug Control access (thanks!) but I wanted to get approved
> personally too.
>
> 1.Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu?
> Yes.
> Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
> Yup. https://launchpad.net/~bryanquigley/+codesofconduct
>
> 2. Have you read Bugs/Triage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
> Yes.  Now that with brainstorm gone what's the best way to suggest a
> feature?  Just propose a UDS session? (that's generally what I've
> done)
>
> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/Triage for more
> information.
> Coredump file and possible data leaking in functions in the
> stacktrace. How thorough is a judgement call given how sensitive the
> crashing application is.
>
> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
> LibreOffice has mostly been my triage focus so far, but I do a much
> bigger range for work.  I also maintain gnome-nibbles upstream.  I'd
> also like to help triage top crashers from errors.ubuntu.com so that
> they don't stay private for long.

One thing to keep in mind here is that crashes at errors.ubuntu.com can
be associated with two different types of bug reports at Launchpad.
There are those crashes that are also reported to Launchpad by apport
but only for development releases by default and these are by private.
Then there are bug reports created in Launchpad for an Error Tracker
user, who clicks "Create", and minimal information is put in the
Launchpad bug report. These bug reports are public as there is no
sensitive information in them.

--
Brian Murray