Re: Application to join team

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 03:51:46PM -0400, Bryan Quigley wrote:
> I'll put future upstream bugs in the top section.
>
> For the gnome-sudoku bug, I included the errors.ubuntu.com link in the
> upstream bug, I'll make sure to do that in the LP bug as well next
> time..  Unfortunately, the errors report still shows incidents with
> the new packages [1].   I haven't been able to convince the error
> tracker to only show me the reports from version 1:3.10.2-0ubuntu3.1.
>  Could these be false positives? The only one I can access was a same
> day install..

I'd seen the fixed package versions in the error page myself, but your
email prompted me to look into it. I've recreated the issue and it
appears to be a bug in apport.

The wrong version can be reported when the crash file exists, but data
collection has not been completed and then the package is updated. When
data collection is done the package version is not the same version that
created the crash file, apport checks the ExecutableTimestamp to detect
this situation and that is working correctly. Additionally, an
UnreportableReason is written to the crash file but _MarkForUpload is
True instead of False and then it gets sent on to the Error Tracker.

I'll write back after I've opened a bug and figured out what is going
wrong.

--
Brian Murray