Re: Application for the Bug Control Team: wxl

∅:
In the even of a failure in debian-installer, for
example, the apport tools are not available and being that it is not
necessarily a crash, it makes it hard to report. What files should we
request?

I think only a software developer could tell just in time, so I would mark the bug as triaged if it had already the following information:
 - How to reproduce
 - Expected behaviour
 - Real behaviour
 - Ubuntu release
 - Package version

∅:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1380774

- Instead of mentioning the test-case number, I would rather put the link to it. - Instead of writing all along, I would rather broke the description into sections: how to reproduce, expected behaviour, real behaviour. And put the technical information at the end.

But it's okay.

∅:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1363180

Except for the missing capitals and comas, it's all right :-P

∅:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxsession/+bug/1376380

You forgot to add the bug-watch to the panel!

∅:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/obconf/+bug/1272834

There's some duplicated information in the description.

∅:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shared-mime-info/+bug/1216788

Just in case you need to know for the future, it's safer to set the bug status to incomplete. Then ask the user, if the bug is still affecting a supported release, to enter the name of this release into the tag list and set the bug status back to its previous set.

I see there's still a bit need of proficiency. On the other hand I feel that where you failed isn't a matter of you had to practise more before applying, but the triaging manual being obscure on these regards.

So I agree with you joining the team: thank you.