Re: Application for the Bug Control Team: wxl

I'm now including importance as I would assign them with reasoning.

First, a continued discussion of my question:

>> In the even of a failure in debian-installer, for
>> example, the apport tools are not available and being that it is not
>> necessarily a crash, it makes it hard to report. What files should we
>> request?

In other words, I couldn't find any info about how apport works anywhere.
Seems trivial to collect info. Lots of automated tools depend on these
files being there. Seems like a good improvement for a Wiki page.

> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1380774

I would mark this high. It already is, but it's clearly something that
severely affects a small portion (Lubuntu alternate and Ubuntu server) of
users.

> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1363180

Normally, I would mark this as high since it severely affects a small
portion (ppc) of users. However, since ppc is community supported, I'd mark
it medium. One could even argue low due to unusual hardware but Lubuntu
still actively has a ppc release, so I'd be disinclined to say that.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxsession/+bug/1376380

I'd call this medium. It's an interesting blend of a bug that has very
severe consequences but requires a rather unique set of problems to
manifest itself.

Alberto said:
> You forgot to add the bug-watch to the panel!

Not true. You can't:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1359030

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/obconf/+bug/1272834

Low. Easy workaround.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shared-mime-info/+bug/1216788

Low. Non-core and a minor aesthetic problem.

Thanks everyone.
wxl