Request technical opinion on LP#1353129

Hello everyone. I'm e-mailing to request your technical opinion on:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1353129

The original reporter (Teo) has presently advised that keyboard keys
regarding adjusting his sound and PrtSc intermittently stop working
after a reboot. As well, he can more consistently reproduce this after
coming back from hibernate.

I'm of the opinion this is a linux kernel driven issue (as I have
triaged many bug reports to this type of problem and given the
symptoms, this has a high correlation to being a kernel related
issue). As well, having the outdated BIOS upgraded would be a great
step, as well as having the mainline kernel tested to this issue.

However, our fellow Ubuntu Bug Control member Rolf Leggewie is of the
strong opinion that this has nothing to do with the linux kernel, but
with unity. Unfortunately, no technical evidence supporting this been
presented by him or the original reporter.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter, and I look
forward to your response.

Christopher M. Penalver
E-Mail: christopher.m.penalver@xxxxxxxxx

Follow ups