Ubuntu Bug Control Application

I'm Mathew Hodson (mathew-hodson), and I have be helping out with Ubuntu
bugs in my spare time for about a year. I would like to join the Bug
Control team.

"Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?"

I promise to always be polite, and I have signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.

"Have you read Bugs/Triage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?"

I have read them, and I don't have any questions at this time.

"What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
report bug before making it public? See Bugs/Triage for more information."

Remove Coredump.gz before making the bug public, and check the stack
traces for financial information, login credentials, or security keys.

"Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with?"

I am particularly interested in bugs that would be a good candidate for
or are going through the SRU process.

Bugs I have worked on:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash-completion/+bug/1358154
Confirmed that the fix was incorrect and identified the proper fix.
Importance Low because it is not essential for use of the application.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apparmor/+bug/1296218
Confirmed issue still existed on Trusty and reproduced with log.
Importance Medium because it has a severe impact on a non-core application.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-calculator/+bug/1387887
Reported regression by a proposed SRU with test case. Importance Medium
because it has a moderate impact on a core application.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-calculator/+bug/1380561
Bug confirmed. Clarified title, rewrote description, which was
conflating two issues, and linked to the other issue. Importance Low
because it has a limited impact on a core application.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+source/system-config-printer/+bug/778054
Very old bug confirmed and clarified. Provided patches and shepherded
through SRU. Importance Low because it has limited impact but a trivial fix.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+source/vdpau-video/+bug/964040
Confirmed bug, merged duplicates, and assigned to the right package.
Importance Low because there is a workaround.

Follow ups