Re: Ubuntu Bug Control Application

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 05:27:00PM +0200, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Mathew Hodson:
> > I think it is the SRU team that ultimately decides.
>
> I found that usually only developers themselves can tell if a bug is
> good for a stable release update or not. The rest just make an
> assumption.

I think we've lost some of the context with the question and Mathew's
answer.

Thomas's question follows:

"So, one question from me on this:  What if it is marked as SRU, but
the bug doesn't qualify, or the fixes don't work, or one of the edge cas
es where it is poorly prepared?"

Then Mathew's response:

"If I thought the change was too high risk or not severe enough to
justify a SRU, I would probably leave a note, but I wouldn't change the
status, because I think it is the SRU team that ultimately decides."

I'd interpret Thomas's question as meaning the bug task already has an
upload in either -proposed, or the unapproved queue for -proposed, or
perhaps a debdiff for a stable release attached to it. Regardless, once
the bug task has a fix prepared it really is the Stable Release Updates
team that makes a decision about letting the new package version into
-proposed.

I believe this is captured in Step 6 of the procedure at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/#Procedure.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master