Re: application for UbuntuBugControl

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 18:48:08 +0200
Alberto Salvia Novella <es20490446e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dan Streetman:
>  > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/linux/+bug/1479031
>  > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1505564
>  > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemtap/+bug/1547644
>  > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemtap/+bug/1557673
>  > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1486670
>  > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemtap/+bug/1545173
>  > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1547680
>
> That is not bug triaging. Bug triaging is just cleaning the report so
> it has enough information of a real bug.
>
> The question is that what you have done here is mostly bug fixing.
> Bug triaging is
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts/Triage).
>
> So do that in five reports which have a status of confirmed
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts/Triage/Lists%20of%20bugs).

Actually, the status may be any; what we are looking for, as Alberto
pointed out above, is if you understand bug *triaging*.

So, if you set a bug as INVALID as a result of triaging (and explained
_why_) then this is good.

Also, we are keenly interested in the reasons, during bug triaging, of
any iteraction with the original poster (and resulting status changes).

> Then send their links to us, reasoning which importance you will give
> to each
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts/Importance).
>
> Good luck!

+1.