Re: Application for the Bug Control Team - Julian Andres Klode (juliank)

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 06:30:11PM +0200, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Wiki:
> > Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> > you or Ubuntu?
>
> Julian:
> > Yes, yes.
>
> Hope so, because our first interaction upstream was the perfect example of
> rude 😝
>
> I asked if it won't be a good idea autoremoving orphan recommended packages,
> and Julian told I should not suggest that but fix my understanding of
> package management instead.

That was a funny incident a long time ago. Possible background:
(a) we see bugs in both launchpad and debian and (b) IIRC, your bug triaging
on the Ubuntu bug was weird. So, it might have been that I saw the bug in
Launchpad, thought that's a silly idea, then you marked it as triaged and
forwarded it to the Debian BTS. But it might also have been different, I don't
really recall it.

I still often rant about your importance choices on APT bugs in IRC, as
they are often somewhat exaggerated :/ - APT errors and warnings often
look more important than they are.

In any case, I'm always more friendly in Ubuntu bug reports than in Debian
ones as I expect more less experienced users.

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev

When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
directly below the part(s) it pertains to (`inline'). Thank you.