Apply for ubuntu-bugcontrol on launchpad - acelankao

Hi,

I'm AceLan Kao and would like to apply for membership in the
~ubuntu-bugcontrol team.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/~acelankao
IRC: AceLan

1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

Yes, I'll be polite to any reporters, those reports help Ubuntu become
better, and I've signed the CoC.

2. Have you read Bugs/Triage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

I have read the documents, and I have no questions.

3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
report bug before making it public? See Bugs/Triage for more
information.

I don't have this kind of experience to make a private bug to a public
one, but from what I'm working on, when open a public bug from our
private projects we should check there is no NDA h/w info to be
revealed to public.
Personal information like passwords, bank accounts, encryption keys or
other numbers that don't look application related. Make sure that no
core dump is attached to the report.

4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with?

I'm maintaining OEM kernel(linux-oem), and need some abilities to add
affected packages and/or nominate for series.

5. Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and
include an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs
should be representative of your very best work and they should
demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
properly handle bugs. For all the bugs in the list, please indicate
what importance you would give it and explain the reasoning. Please
use urls in your list of bugs.

I usually work on private bugs, and public bugs are used for tracking
SRU status. I'll try listing both private and public bugs here.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/somerville/+bug/1803642 - Cannot detect
Thunderbolt display (Apple TBT display)
I've seen and duplicated the issue, confirmed this issue is a
regression in oem kernel, so set the bug status as "Triaged", but this
feature is not an issue which blocks production, so the importance is
high.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/somerville/+bug/1801894 - System auto
resume from suspend (S2i) if has paired with BT devices
to "incomplete", and it's an issue which can be duplicated easily and
affect user experience alot, so the importance is "critical"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/somerville/+bug/1800582 - Short-press Power
button does not work
It looks like a h/w or BIOS issue, so set it as "incomplete", and
finally it's fixed by next new h/w, so set it as "invalid"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/somerville/+bug/1704733 - Sierra DW5816e
WWAN[413C:81CC] failed with TLP enabled
I don't have time to check this issue, but it's confirmed by 2 guys in
other teams, so set its status as "Confirmed". This issue can be
solved by simply prevents the modem from entering runtime suspend, and
the workaround won't lead to any regressions, so set the importance as
"medium". I'll check it later when I'm available.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-oem/+bug/1805607 -
Power leakage at S5 with Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless
Network Adapter
This is a public bug I open for submitting patches, I usually don't
set it's importance because I'll be working on it when the bug is
opened. I set the status to "In progress" when I'm preparing the patch
and testing it, and change the status to "Fix committed" after I
submit it.

Best regards,
AceLan Kao.

Follow ups