mitchdz Application for the Bug Control Team

Hi, I’m Mitchell Dzurick (mitchdz) and I’ve been part of the bugsquad for
almost half a year now. You may have seen me in IRC, or worked with me
directly already. I’d like to join bug control so I can stop (bug)ging
people to  assign a bug to a certain series when I’m helping triage/fix a
bug.

- Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to you
or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

I have already signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct, and I do promise to
continue being polite to everyone I come into contact with.

- Have you read Bugs/Triage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Triage>,
Bugs/Assignment <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment>, Bugs/Status
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status> and Bugs/Importance
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance>? Do you have any questions about
that documentation?

I have studied the documents, and have no questions.

- What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report
bug before making it public? See Bugs/Triage
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Triage> for more information.

A private apport crash can contain a plethora of sensitive personal
identifiable information such as email addresses, full names, and
addresses. The core dump is also of concern because many programs will
store sensitive information in memory, which could be captured at the time
of the dump.

- Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with?

In particular I am interested in server packages and cloud packages. I am
part of the AWS CPC team and have contributed to a variety of server
related packages and intend to help triage even more bugs for both
server/cloud packages. I also intend to triage or fix all AWS related
packages in the archives.

- Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ec2-hibinit-agent/+bug/2023924

The latest version creates /\"/var/lib/hibinit-agent\" directory

   -

   Targeted Mantic/Lunar/Kinetic/Jammy/Focal

   -

   Set up SRU template
   -

   Changed to Fix Released once released
   -

   Set
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ec2-hibinit-agent/+bug/2025084
   as a duplicate of this bug
   -

   Would set to medium as the package is still usable, it’s just annoying
   to have an erroneous directory in root, which some system scanners may flag
   as a suspicious directory

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postfix/+bug/2019195

Installation fails with fully qualified domains (w/ trailing dot)

   -

   Interacted with a debian maintainer

   -

   Set to Won’t Fix as a discussion decided that the fix is easy for the
   user and does not justify making the change to the package
   -

   Would set Importance to low because an easy workaround is available

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu/+bug/2028124

apt dist-upgrade does not restart package qemu-guest-agent

   -

   Targetted Lunar/Jammy

   -

   Set Lunar to Fix Commited as package is uploaded to proposed
   -

   Set Jammy to In Progress and waiting to get package uploaded to proposed
   -

   Would set to importance High as bug can make system unusable for certain
   users

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/multipath-tools/+bug/2026881
mpathpersist scsi3 pgr broken

   -

   Target Mantic/Lunar/Jammy

   -

   Set Mantic to Fix Released
   -

   Set Lunar/Jammy to Fix Commited as it is stuck in -proposed
   -

   Would set to high as package is unusable to user

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/multipath-tools/+bug/2034471

Installing/Upgrading multipath-tools leads to multipathd.socket being
inactive

   -

   Would set to Mantic/Lunar/Jammy/Focal
   -

   Would set Importance to Low as issue only shows on installing the fresh
   package
   -

   Attempted to upstream a fix
   -

   Updated bug report

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/at/+bug/2036991

Running a command in now + X minutes rounds down to closest minute and does
not account for seconds

   -

   Updated title to be more descriptive
   -

   Provided a workaround for the user
   -

   Would set importance to low as tool works as at(1) describes
   -

   Redirected user to have a conversation with upstream to make a change
   request

Follow ups