Re: Foundations team application for bug control

On Fri, Jun 02, 2023 at 12:01:07PM -0400, Nick Rosbrook wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 1, 2023 at 5:30 PM Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Looking at the list of members in the Canonical Foundations team I
> > noticed that quite a few people will be joining Ubuntu Bug Control all
> > at once and that some of them have already been at Canonical for a
> > while. Subsequently, I'm curious - what will be done about educating new
> > members to Bug Control who may not still have a mentor?  Are there any
> > plans to give a class about bug triage and apport crash reports?
>
> When I volunteered to be the representative for the team, I
> anticipated that I would spend some time mentoring newer members on
> bug triage etc. I don't have concrete plans for what form that will
> take (team docs, 1:1 meetings, or something), but I do intend to take
> time to develop and improve our bug triage on-boarding over time.

As a result of this conversation I've invited the Canonical Foundations
team to be a member of Ubuntu Bug Control and this invitation was
accepted by Steve.

Please keep in mind the words of Uncle Ben: "With great power comes great
responsibility."

Thanks!
--
Brian Murray