ubuntu-ca-guelph team mailing list archive

Busy weekend: IRC meeting, Ubuntu Hour Guelph, Software Freedom Day

Hello Everybodeee! It's going to be a busy weekend, especially if your
weekend starts tomorrow -- Thursday, for those not in the WDT (Weekend
Daylightsaving Time).

Thursday is the Canada-wide IRC meeting. On the agenda is a follow-up of
the Ubuntu Global Jam, and planning for the upcoming Ubuntu Release
Party for Saucy Salamander.

Friday has an Ubuntu Hour in Guelph, once again organized by @azend. If
you go, try the fish'n'chips at the Pennywhistle Pub. Best I've ever had.

Saturday we're celebrating Software Freedom Day one week late in
Kitchener. There's lots of stuff on the agenda, including presentations,
an installfest, and we'll be streaming RMS's keynote speech on the big
screen. I'm demonstrating the ownCloud file and media sharing software,
but you should come anyway.

What: Ubuntu-ca Team Meeting in IRC
When: Thursday, 26 September 2013 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm (EDT)
IRC: #ubuntu-ca channel on Freenode
Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-ca
LoCo Event: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2498/detail
Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Meetings/2013/2013-09-26

What: Ubuntu Hour Guelph
When: Friday, 27 September 2013 from 7:00pm onwards
Where: Pennywhistle Pub, 2 Quebec Street, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Map: http://osm.org/go/ZXn8~Jffw?m=&node=2436574662
LoCo Event: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2545/detail
IRC: #ubuntu-ca-guelph channel on Freenode
Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-ca-guelph

What: Software Freedom Day
When: Saturday, 28 September 2013 from 10:00am to 5:00pm
Where: Kwartzlab Makerspace, 33 Kent Avenue, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Map:  http://osm.org/go/ZXnwY4DZc?m=&way=199095014
LoCo Event: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2497/detail
SFD Wiki: http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2013/Canada/Kitchener/Kwartzlab
Sing-a-long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kTfcfQ3uEo
IRC: #sfd or #kwartzlab channels on Freenode
Webchat:  http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sfd,kwartzlab

See you there!

--Bob.