ubuntu-chumby-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: opening the Chumby

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Peter Olson <peabo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone here taken their Chumby apart to see what's inside, repackage it,
> add hardware, etc?
>
> I am interested in a couple of things.  Rechargeable battery (contrary to
> the
> apparent view of the developers, I don't primarily see it as a bedside clock
> with net access), rewiring the USB to put a thumb drive inside the machine,
> etc.

I have done all of the above (including a failed attempt at a battery
pack where I nuked two good lithium cells and scared myself half to
death. Moral of the story: buy your packs from Duracell or the like).

Any specific questions?

-A. Walton