ubuntu-chumby-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: opening the Chumby

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Peter Olson <peabo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am interested in a couple of things.  Rechargeable battery (contrary to
> the
> apparent view of the developers, I don't primarily see it as a bedside clock
> with net access)

Based on the amount of heat coming from the LCD I'm going to take a
wild guess that the devs didn't design this with energy efficiency in
mind. I'm, estimating that a watt is being dissipated as heat just
through the front.

A nice thick cell-phone sized lithium cell will provide about 1.1 - 2
watt hours. So again, estimating, about one hour of life for your
chumby when unplugged. You can stack two or three cells or use some
high capacity NiCd or NiMH cells.

--
Matthew Nuzum