ubuntu-defect-analysts team mailing list archive

Re: New arsenal tool

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 05:32:26PM -0300, Ursula Junque wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > To track the packages that my team cares about I've created the
> > foundations-bugs team in Launchpad[1] and subscribed that team to those
> > packages.  I've also created a lists.ubuntu.com mailing list to receive
> > all the bug mail for those packages but that is not the point of this
> > email.
> >
> > I'd wanted to be able to use the Launchpad API to run queries like:
> >
> > ubuntu.searchTasks(importance='Critical',
> >    bug_subscriber=foundationsbugs)
> >
> > Unfortunately, this times out all the time[2] so as a workaround I've
> > created a script in arsenal that gets all the packages the team is
> > subscribed to and then uses searchTasks with each one.  I've also set it
> > up so you can filter on tags, importance or status.  For example:
> >
> > ./ls-team-subscribed-package-tasks.py --user foundations-bugs --importance
> > Critical
> >
> > I know most of you have teams that are subscribed to packages that you
> > care about so thought you might find this useful too.
>
> Thanks for letting us know! I ran into the exact same problem at the
> rally then I've written something similar for the Server packages --
> turns out I don't need to do that anymore as the bug_subscriber
> stopped timing out at least for our packages.

Actually, I meant structural_subscriber=foundationsbugs.  Is that what
you are using?

Regardless, I tried it today and now it, searching with
structural_subscriber, isn't timing out anymore so thanks for letting me
know!

> I assume you have a lot more packages than us (currently 173), right?

Yes, 268 it seems.

--
Brian Murray