ubuntu-defect-analysts team mailing list archive

New tool

I suspect there is lots of cruft (bugs that are duplicates or already
fixed) in Launchpad about Ubuntu packages.  Launchpad has this
findSimilarBugs feature in the API that I thought might be helpful in
locating this cruft.  So I wrote this new tool[1] that looks for fixed
bug tasks about a package and searches for similar open bugs.

Unfortunately, I've not had great results using it.  I think I've only
found one match.  It was a bug that looked similar but ended up being a
crash with the same reason just in a different code path - but hey it
helped me fix it!

Anyway, I thought you might want to give it a shot with your packages.

[1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-bugcontrol/ubuntu-qa-tools/master/view/head:/launchpadlib-scripts/package-fixed-find-similar.py
--
Brian Murray