ubuntu-defect-analysts team mailing list archive

Ubuntu Bug Patterns

Last week we talked some about bug patterns and using them.
Unfortunately, due to some changes and bugs in apport not all bugs from
every release are successfully checking bug patterns so some bugs get
through and into Launchpad.

It occurred to me that we could use search-bugs from the bugpatterns
branch to consolidate these duplicates.  I was going to setup a cronjob
on cranberry to do this but apport isn't installed on cranberry.  I've
reported an RT about this and in the interim I am running this duplicate
consolidation on one of my systems.  The parameters I am using follow:

./search-bugs --package ubuntu --tags apport-package --status New --C
--within 2

So again if apport-package bug reports are becoming automatically
Confirmed this will not clean them up.

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray