ubuntu-defect-analysts team mailing list archive

Bug tasks with an importance set within a time frame

One of the things I like to be aware of are, and that we added to the
priority list, are bugs that have been set to High or Critical.  The
grand dream is that community members would set bugs to Triaged and Bug
Control members would review these and set their importance.  Then we
would just look at the most important ones.  Anyway, its still useful to
look at bugs that have transitioned to High or Critical to see if it is
something we need to work.

So I've written team-recently-important-bugs.py (which could use some
html output) works like so:

./team-recently-important-bugs.py --importance Critical --team
ubuntu-server  --within 40

LP: #828061 on 2011-08-17
LP: #828262 on 2011-08-17

The code is kind of neat because it use bug_task.date_importance_set
which is something I added to python-launchpadlib-toolkit.  The date the
importance was set is determined by parsing the bug's activity log,
while gross it's better than using the mailing list which is what I used
to do!

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master