ubuntu-defect-analysts team mailing list archive

Packages recently receiving bug tasks

The other day during our call I mentioned a graph that show packages
receiving new bug reports for the past 7 and the past 30 days.[1]

The new bug tasks are classified by bug tags that they receive depending
on how they were reported.  This will allow us to see a specific package
is receiving a lot of crash reports or package install failures.  For
example, language-selector seems to have a high number of crashes at the
moment.

Additionally, looking at language-selector we can see that the length of
the bar for the 7 day period is about the same as the length as the 30
day period which indicates something abnormal is going on in that
package right now.  (I'm thinking about how to make it more obvious that
there is a spike in a package.)

Finally, ever stacked bar takes you to a Launchpad search for bugs about
that package with the appropriate tag sorted by most recent first.

Behind the scenes this works by looking at a team to see which packages
they are subscribed to and then bug tasks reported since some date.  So
it'd be easy to make this for other teams. Like server[2] and
foundations[3].

1)
http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-desktop/desktop-packages-recent-bug-tasks.html
2)