ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

ubuntu design for the book (pdf)

One issue that did not come up during the session is how to create a book (a pdf) that is fully consistent with and an excellent example of the new Ubuntu design/branding stuff: http://design.canonical.com/

Specifically, I wonder whether there is:
 * an existing book layout/design
* perhaps even a specific build system with all the right bits in the right places to convert tex (current source format) into a pdf with latex that implements that design.

I have just talked to Ivanka Majic (http://design.canonical.com/theteam/) about this and there does not yet appear to be anything in place here (to be confirmed). I will pursue this further. It is thus possible that this book can be THE first example of an Ubuntu book with the new design and can therefore be used as a prototype and template for any other such projects that come along.

Cheers,
Kyle

Follow ups