ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

language issue: "fr_CA" (French Canada) doesn't work

It *seems* that adding a simple iso locale ("lingua") that wasn't previously configured for ubuntu manual (from which this project inherits) doesn't work because (I think) the toolchain uses tex & polyglossia, which has it's own set of supported languages and different language codes than Ubuntu and ISO.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/10.10/DeveloperManual/BuildPDFs, section: "This (fr_CA) Doesn't Work Yet"

(However "de" works just by adding the po file and adding "de" to LINGUAS, because that *is* an Ubuntu & ISO standard code and a polyglossia lingua code and was configured in ubuntu manual, from which we inherit)

So the configuration of a new lingua requires specific (and not entirely known ;) configurations.

Perhaps one of the Ubuntu Manual/texlive experts can show what is needed to add two or three generic linguas, like French Canada (fr_CA), that are not already configured?

Cheers,
Kyle

Follow ups