ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

how to anchor a graphic (\screenshot) to a bit of text?

Hi,
My screenshots are getting pushed to the next page well after relevant text, despite the order of the LaTex commands in the tex file.

that is, I'd like this:
text 1
text 1 related screenshot
text 2
text2 related screenshot

but, even after trying several approaches, such as separating with \subsection, I aways get this, which won't do:
text 1
text2
text 1 related screenshot
text2 related screenshot

What's the MAGIC?

(
Here's the relevant bit of my tex file:
"
\subsection{Understanding 'Divergence'}

Divergence means something specific: You branched from trunk and committed local changes. Meanwhile, someone else branched trunk, committed changes, and pushed back to trunk. In this case, the two branches have ``diverged''.

\screenshot{bzr-divergence.png}{bzr-divergence}{Trunk Branch is Diverged from Local Branch}

\marginnote{This is handled with \userinput{bzr merge}}

\subsection{Understanding 'Non-Divergence'}

Another common case may seem like divergence but is not. In this case, you-
You branched from trunk but committed no local changes. Meanwhile, someone else branched trunk, committed changes, and pushed back to trunk. In this case, trunk is simply ahead of your local branch.

\marginnote{This is handled with \userinput{bzr pull}}

\screenshot{bzr-non-divergence.png}{bzr-non-divergence}{Trunk Branch is Ahead of Local Branch}
"

)

Cheers,
Kyle