ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: how to have tilde char followed by char: "~something"

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Kyle Nitzsche
<kyle.nitzsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, that works. thanks:
>
> \marginnote{To push \emph{non-trunk} branches to you project, use a
> \emph{complete} bzr-style URL that specifies the team, the project and the
> branch: \userinput{lp:\textasciitilde<team>/<project>/branch}. For example,
> I might want to push an experimental branch to blackbird as follows:
> \userinput{bzr push
> lp:\textasciitilde{}blackbird-team/blackbird/experimental}}

For the text in angle brackets, you might try out the \variable macro.

  lp:\textasciitilde\variable{team}/\variable{project}/branch

I don't think it's mentioned in the style guide as it was a
last-minute addition I included when I was editing some text in the
desktop manual.  (I think the command is only used once in the other
manual, actually.)

--Kevin