ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: Inline code and the pipe symbol (|)

Kevin,
this concerns me quite a bit b/c this resource will be housed as an online resource and I can see many folks wanting to simply cut and paste from the text. I know this only affects raw source and not the final output it seems like an extra (unnecessary) step to have to edit all the source for this markup technique. I would rather use the verbatim or something else rather than forcing authors and markup folks to have to alter code samples. I think this introduces too many opportunities for errors in the process.

Belinda