[Question #37113]: After last update, network does not start automatically, and shutdown is weird

After the last update, the network icon has vanished from the screen. It seems, the network doesn't start.
After I start hardware testing though, the network seems to start: I'm asked for my password for accessing the keyring, and the wireless network connects as usual, the icon appears on top of the screen, and everything works fine.

Also, after the latest update, the power button does not work as it used to. To shut down the pc, I need to click the exit button (the little green man in the top right corner) and afterwards, I only see the background image.Then I press the power button, and then it shuts down. Strange.

And one more: I'm not sure, if this is only an issue since the latest update, but it seems, some of my settings are not saved when I turn off the computer. I have to change display settings every time I start my eee, to get the "fancy" display effects. Also, Firefox always greets me with the welcome screen after the update, which only shows once normally.

Any help is appreciated.