[Question #39351]: Installation error: 'Could not find kernel image: /ubnkern'

I'm trying to install Ubuntu Eee on an Eee 900 running Xandros.

I've created the USB installer (on a different, Debian system) and it all looks good. But when I boot the Eee and choose the USB, I then get a command line error message saying:

'Could not find kernel image: /ubnkern'

and a boot: prompt.

Anyone have any ideas? I can see the ubnkern file in the base directory of the USB drive, so it isn't that it's missing.

Many thanks,
Anna