[Question #39339]: Mic not working on 900

I was using eeeXubuntu before Ubuntueee but have the same problem now as before. The mic does not work.

My gnome volume display does not show any input devices, but it does show mics as an output device.

alsamixer shows the inputs but varying the settings doesn't make any difference.

I switched from eeeXubuntu as I couldn't get a definitive answer to resolve the problem. Hopefully someone can help :)