[Question #39707]: ubuntu eee 8.04 boot time takes nearly 3 minutes but with recovery mode it takes only 70 seconds

I have installed Ubuntu eee 8.04.
I used the "direct installation to a sd card" method which does not affect Xandros.
When I turn on the eee, I press the esc key and choose to boot from the sd card.
After grub, Ubunto boot screen appears with the famous orange progress bar.
After one cycle, the bar stops for approx 2 minutes. Then it continues to move until the "username" dialog box appears.
Total of 2:45 minutes.

The odd thing is when I interrupt grub with esc and get the boot menu and choose the recovery mode it takes only 70 seconds
untill getting the "username" dialog box.

What could be the problem?
Thanks.