[Question #41891]: WiFi reception trouble

Hi all,

I've installed Ubuntu eee on my sister's 701, and all has been well - except for the WiFi.

It can't pick up our router from any more than a couple of metres away, and when it's in range it shows low signal strength (maximum of around 60%). Had no problems with the WiFi on the original eee OS, so that pretty much rules out a hardware issue.

This is really quite a big problem, as a netbook with no net is about as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot. I don't want to have to go back to the factory OS, as ubuntu is so much more functional, but if I can't sort this out it looks like that may be the only option...

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful, and if i need to supply any more info just ask and I'll do my best.

If anyone wants to e-mail me, it's sumoguy at gmail dot com.

Thanks in advance!