Re: [Question #42024]: brightness keys (fn-f3/f4) stop working after eee 901 is put to sleep.

heatherj confirmed that the question is solved:
okay, so just messing around I installed your kernel (I think it's
yours?) and I don't have the brightness issues I had with just ubuntu-
eee.  However, I installed over the modified ubuntu (fixes for 901 on
top of ubuntu-eee) and, despite adding the modules following the post-
installation page, I'm still not getting it to detect any wifi card.
I'll probably wait for 8.04.1/or try a clean install ubuntu + your
kernel if I get impatient.  Also, I did try updating the bios (it seems
asus comes out with a new one every few days).  An upgrade from 1101 to
1301 did change the lcd brightness scale (min goes to black where it
just went to dim before) but not much else actually changed.  Thanks
again.