Re: [Question #42671]: WiFi on the 901

Patrick K proposed the following answer:
I have a Belkin at the office that does not broadcast its SSID.  You
have to type that in manually if SSID is not broadcasted.  Unlock your
network settings, select the wireless router (ra0 for 901), and click on
properties.  You neeed to select ESSID drop down and just type it in.
If you auto-detect the network, sometimes it will show up as "any".  I
do not know where your IP address will show, but my DNS info shows up
okay.

Also, a related problem is what happens if you do not use any
encryption.  There's no way of setting a connection to open wireless.
The only way is to connect by typing in the ESSID in network settings,
open the interface, and then open a shell.  Check iwconfig to see which
router your eee is connected to, and then run dhclient to get a receive
an IP address.  Then you can connect to the net.