Re: [Question #42671]: WiFi on the 901

Charles is still having a problem:
Hello
     I did try that.  A connection couldn't be made unless the router actually broadcast the SSID, even if I typed it in, as you mentioned.  I'm using WPA encryption from the very beginning - that hasn't proved problematic in the least.
     The situation is that now, after every boot, wireless will not automatically connect, so the problem remains as above.  I have to get the wireless network interface scanned again.
     A slightly quicker method of establishing a connection uses this approach.  I've added the Network Selector applet to the panel.  After booting, I open it up and select wireless.  After about two minutes I have the connection.  It would be nice to automatically have that connection established after booting, however.  Perhaps there is a module not loading at startup?  Is there a way to start the network selector with an argument to automatically select wireless?
     More broadly, since I'm using adamm's custom kernel, I thought it would be easier to set up wireless since it includes such support for the 901.  But after upgrading the kernel I had to also install the native Ralink wireless drivers in order to get a connection.  At least I had ethernet to start.

Thanks