[Question #44585]: wireless starts working for a few seconds and stops

When I installed Ubuntu eee, the Network manager (Administration->Network) detected the wireless of the eee. After I used Fn+F2 to close the wireless and then restart it, the wireless led becomes blue for a few seconds and then turns off again. If I open the Network manager and do the same, the Wireless connection appears for a few seconds and then disappears.

Any suggestions?