Re: [Question #44585]: wireless starts working for a few seconds and stops

mark proposed the following answer:
I was having the same problem on my 900. I think the problem originated
because I had the wireless turned off last time I shut down Xandros, so
when I installed Ubuntu-eee, it was off.

The solution is simple:
Go into BIOS (by hitting F2 at the start up screen where it says "press F2 to enter setup").
In the Advanced tab, go to Onboard Devices Configuration.
For me, Onboard Camera and Onboard WLAN were disabled, everything else enabled. Hopefully it's the same for you. If so, just enable Onboard WLAN.
Hit F10 to save and exit and you should be all set.