[Question #45005]: Eee 900 doesn't connect to network on 1st start

Overall, wireless seems to work like champ out of the box. I have noticed an issue where occasionally on first boot the wireless icon will try to connect to my home network automatically (like it should) and fail. But then when I manually click on the icon and connect, it works flawlessly!

It's not a huge deal, but it is a slight annoyance. Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix? Could it be an issue with the hardware and/or Ubuntu Eee, or is it my network?  This is on my wife's Eee 900. My Eee 701 seems to connect find every time.