[Question #45734]: No indication of wifi after array.org attempt on eee901

I read that there were some problems after install, but could not stand the Xandros.  This is my first Linux experience, and am impressed thus far.  I do not know much about programming, but I need this to work, and I am willing to learn -- can someone help me out in as "layman's terms" as possible?  Here's what is going on:

-I recently installed Ubuntu Eee onto an Asus 901 (20gb ssd, atom...) off this site:
http://www.ubuntu-eee.com/index.php5?title=Main_Page

-Not having wifi, I followed installation method#2 from:
http://www.array.org/ubuntu/setup901.html

-I also did not have usb functional, but followed the directions and it now appears to work.

-After completing steps 1-7 on this page wifi was supposed to work, assuming I did everything properly.  I am able to see "2.6.24-21-eeepc" at boot-up.  But when I click the double box icon in the top right (next to the battery) I am not able to see any indication of wifi or wireless networks.  I had attempted to connect via my school's wireless network, and had done so with another computer, but could not see where it was, if it was there at all.  (Because I can't get online, I cannot complete the Repository from the above site.)

How can I get my wifi working?

Thanks