Re: [Question #46001]: p4_clockmod making 900 unusable on battery power

Johan Frank is still having a problem:
Ok, I've been asking around and was about to attribute the problems to
the fact that the celeron-m doesn't actually have any hardware
speedstepping, and the scaling is somehow simulated by p4_clockmod using
throttling/idle cycles...

It seemed reasonable since I was watching roughly the same changes in
the reported current frequency regardless of whether I had battery or ac
power (i.e moving between 112 and 900 mhz), yet battery felt much
slower. If the cpu was actually speedstepping it ought to behave the
same way when having the same governor setting.

If this is the case, it would make sense to remove it completely for the celeron based eee's?
I'll try your suggestion to see if a minimum frequency for ondemand helps though.