Re: [Question #43495]: Persistent install of 8.04.1 on USB thumbdrive?

barbino posted a new comment:
heya tigerbow and rydos, I hope you are willing to help a sort of linux
nerd, I wanted to do the same thing as tigerbow, to have a persistent
ubuntu eee on an usb, with the thrills of still be able accessing xp on
my 1000H

also got struck with the error 21

and then followed rydos instructions with editing menu.lst

if I see it correctly, there's three instances of (hd2.0) - a "normal" one with no comment following it
a second one with "recovery"
a third one followed by memtest

I assume I have to change all three of them?

and what about what is coming at the very end of menu.lst? an entry
automatically added by Debian installer for a non-linux OS on /dev/sda1,
title Win XP, root (hd0.0) - do I have to add a change here as well?

would be great if you could help me, otherwise, I am stuck with a brick
right now, as I only get an error 21 on startup, ugh

thanx a lot!