Re: [Question #43495]: Persistent install of 8.04.1 on USB thumbdrive?

barbino posted a new comment:
heya tigerbow

yup, you caught my intention pretty well! just in the process of trying
to make a fresh persistent installation of linux on my usb stick, I will
try your words of wisdom once it is finished

alas, my trouble started earlier on, when I start the 1000H without the
usb stick attached, I got the grub error 21 msg ... with stick attached
and in bios switched to usb drive as first one to boot from, I just get
a blinking cursor

I dont even get a blink of XP anymore - though the partitions on the
1000H are still there and alive, well, they are there, but I cant get to
boot into XP, ugh

anyhow, I need some coffee to keep awake, and once the "new" usb is
ready, I will give it a try, following your instructions, I will be back
once I know more!

thank you very much! best regards!