Re: [Question #45810]: does eeeUbuntu work on the eeepc1000 with atom?

GJT is still having a problem:
Before I got to Ubunuizing it, I slid it behind someones car seat, who
then decided for the first time ever to slide his electric seat all the
way back to exit and he crushed it...  It will have to be the
replacement.

I loaded it on via a live cd just before that, and the eeeUbuntu version
seems to have a menu filling the screen all the time.  is there any way
to disable that and get dropdown menues like regular Ubuntu?  It may be
functional, but I didn't find that appealing.  I can see that it might
be helpful on a 7 inch screen, although I have an olpc Xo  which I
reloaded with Xfce4 to avoid the permenant menu, (and of course that had
no file manager at all.)