[Question #46718]: How to use 32gb ssd? (Eee PC 1000)

I have installed the ubuntu on my Eee PC 1000 and everything works great.  I used the entire 7.51 gb ssd to install ubuntu and I have about 3.5 gb free on this disk.  I wanted to figure out how to use the extra 32 gb ssd.  I have formatted the disk multiple times, but whenever the disk is mounted (as 30.9 gb media) I can't seem to move files onto it or do anything with it.  All that is listed on the disk is a folder named Lost+Found.  When I try to open lost and found, an error pops up saying "The folder contents could not be displayed. You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of "lost+found"."  Can anyone help me figure out how to use this ssd?  Thanks so much.