Re: [Question #46395]: 8.04.1 Disk space too high

Zack Draper proposed the following answer:
I had the same problem.  I looked on the site and found what seemed like
the best advice. So far what happens now is my 4 GB SD slot gets fully
used but I don't have any problems like saving a document like I had
before, due to the lack of space.

Reinstall Ubuntu EEE and do a manual partition
What you want to to is have your 4 GB SD mount as the "/" or root, this is all the Linux OS info.
Then you want to have at least a gig as swap in your second drive what ever it is, so you can hibernate.
Whatever remains mount as "/home", and this is where you can put your docs, music, videos w/e
BTW your should have the "/" and "/home" be under "ext2" filing system.

Under this when I added Evo Mail, Gnome Games, etc. so far so good.