[Question #46763]: Keyboard languages "forgotten" after reboot

I have an Eee 1000, bought in the US. To be able to write stuff in Swedish I have added a second keyboard layout in Gnome. It works fine until I reboot -- then, even though the layout indicator in the taskbar says the layout is Swedish, it's actually US. I have to remove and re-add the Swedish layout after each reboot to make it work properly again. Why is this?

Keyboard layout switching works without any issues in all other flavors of Ubuntu I've tried.