Re: [Question #46763]: Keyboard languages "forgotten" after reboot

Davíð Jakobsson proposed the following answer:
This is a common problem with ubuntu hardy heron. I surprised that they
haven't fixed this yet. The easiest workaround is to disable automatic
login in the login screen. Other workaround involves executing scripts
when each session starts, just google around a bit and you will find
them. I have this problem on a vanilla Ubuntu Hardy Heron and so have
others so I am not sure that your last statement is entirely correct.