Re: [Question #46131]: Installing ubuntu-eee on 901: How to partition?

Jonathon Hodges proposed the following answer:
I followed the instructions here for the eee 900 (I have a 901) and it
worked fine.

http://www.ubuntu-
eee.com/wiki/index.php5?title=How_to_partition_the_hard_drive

I deleted the partitions for sda1, sda2 and sdb1, using manual
partitioning.  Not understanding what the two 8MB partitions were, I've
left them alone.  After installation, they appear as "Bios" in the file
manager.  Also, I wanted to try running without swap and so haven't set
a swap partion.  If I had more time I'd try it with a swap partition too
to see if I noticed any performance difference.  If you like and are
happy to install with a swap partition, maybe we could try and compare
our two machines somehow?  Maybe timing some tasks or something?

You are correct in thinking that sdc1 is your SD card.

Good luck, I'm much happier back on Ubuntu, Xandros 'advanced' was
really starting to annoy me with it's attempts to behave like Windows
all the time and updating in Synaptic was horrible.

Jonathon