Re: [Question #46131]: Installing ubuntu-eee on 901: How to partition?

Marmot proposed the following answer:
Hi there!  I just installed Ubuntu-eee (8.04.1) on my newly purchased
901.  I faced the same situation.  I went ahead and did a manual
install.  I figure the "extra" partitions were for hibernation, swap AND
recovery partition.  Anyways in the end what I did was to delete all the
partitions on both disks and then created new partitions.  For the 4Gb
disk (sda) has a single partition (ext2) and mounted it as /.  For the
16Gb disk (sdb), I created a 13Gb ext2 partition and mounted as /home
and 2Gb swap.  I think you need the swap to enable hibernation etc...  I
also am aware that people don't like to use swaps on flash disks.
Ubuntu-eee has a "switch" to reduce "swapiness".  Anyways that is what I
did and everything seems to be working so far (except instant buttons).
Hope this helps.