[Question #46949]: WICD on the 901?

Hello
    There's a wiki article that shows how to install WICD on the eee, but the example used appears to be for one using the Atheros chip.  How would this article be modified for the 901, which uses Ralink?  I'm hoping that if I can get it running, it will allow my system to automatically connect to a wireless network after boot.  It has that option and I hope it might work on the 901.

http://www.ubuntu-eee.com/wiki/index.php5?title=How_to_use_Wicd_instead_of_Network_Manager

    My system is Ubuntu-eee 8.04, with adamm's kernel, and the manually installed ralink driver.

Thanks!